Monday 2 July 2007

Anyone for 'Cricket'?

Turned up to the cricket in Campbell Park in MK today and despite my rant yesterday the weather looked ok. It looked so good in fact that I half expected to see the Queen waddling past me on the way to Kula Lumpa!

But then it rained...

No sorry...

Then there was a monsoon...

No sorry...

Then there was what can only be described as some form of Tsunami!
Game Abandoned!

So I had to leave with a free cricket bat and tennis ball courtesy of N Power, which I would have been quite happy about had I not slipped down a muddy bank in front of a rather large crowd of people, so I can assure you I was quite glad to get out of the ground and hide my very red face... Lovely!

The whole experience left me wondering how cricket clubs can afford to cope with the demands of the British weather. This game was due to be live on Sky Sports and the club had hired a big screen and loads of hospitality tents. Now they are gonna have to refund approx 7,000 tickets!!!

Oh and just to rub salt in the wound a really nice man offered me 2 free tickets to the game before hand as he had won two in a competition. I politley turned down the offer however if I had taken the tickets I would now be £24 better off due to a refund!

ohhhhhhhhh :(

2 comments:

Phil Lewis said...

unlucky jim!

I've always wanted to go to a day/night or Twenty:20 game too. Maybe catch one up at Durham or Lancashire at somepoint. Cheers for the comments!

Chris said...

Oi Phil you should go and watch Yorkshire, the quality cricket team.