Saturday 7 July 2007

Tennis Fury

I was watching the tennis earlier today - the womens final, and I had to switch it off because I got so frustrated!!!

Why must Venus Williams scream like a possesed baby whenever she hits the ball!?

I used to think this wasn't a problem however I have recently read some articles which suggest that after a shot is hit players listen out for the sound as the ball rebounds off the racket to give them an idea of which way the ball is heading and what type of shot it is your oppenent has played!

Venus won the final today and I cant help but think she has a distinct advantage over her oppenents when she plays this tactic. The best player does not win... it's the player with the loudest scream!!!

It should be banned and players found doing it should receive the following punishment:

Tie them up and let the Roger Federer serve shots aimed at the players mouths. Maybe that will shut them up and we will see decent tennis players win instead of has beens who can scream!

1 comment:

Phil Lewis said...

I'm a bit like you butt, I used to think it wasn't too bad - it was good seeing players putting so much effort into their game. But what about the other players who don't do it - are they not putting the effort in?? And it never used to happen, were the old players not putting the same effort??